SECTION 4: INSTALLATION OVERVIEW
Input Power Requirements
The Nucleus Advanced Control Paging Station is equipped with an ac power supply (90 to 280 V rms, 50 to 60 Hz) or a dc-dc power supply (21 to 34.5 V dc or 41 to 72 V dc). All ac power supplies feature automatic range and line frequency selection.
It is recommended that a standard 3-wire grounded electrical outlet be used as the ac source. For a 125 W station and a nominal 110 V ac input, the ac source must supply 5 amperes and should be protected by a circuit breaker rated at 15 A. For a nominal 220 V ac input, the ac source must supply approximately 2.5 A.
For a 900 MHz, 300 W station, two power supplies are used, which draw a total of 13 A. Use a circuit breaker rated at 20 A.
For a 24 V dc or 48/60 V dc source, appropriate cabling from the dc power source to the Backplane (located at rear of station) is supplied.
Equipment Mounting Methods
The Nucleus Advanced Control Paging Station equipment may be mounted in a variety of racks and cabinets (available as options), as follows:
- Station shipped without rack or cabinet (Option X362) — customer may install station in rack or cabinet of choice; station is designed to fit standard El A 19" rack configuration. For rack mounting, Option X153, mounting brackets must be ordered.
- Shipped in 25" cabinet (Option X92) — formed cabinet with front and rear vented doors.
- Shipped in 46" cabinet (Option X308) — formed cabinet with front and rear vented doors.
- Shipped in 70" cabinet (Option X36) — formed cabinet with front and rear vented doors.
- Shipped in 2-meter cabinet (Option X307) — formed cabinet with front and rear vented doors.
- 7' (Model TRN7342), 7.5' (Model TRN7343), or 8' (Model TRN7344) racks — open frame EIA 19" racks accept multiple Nucleus paging stations and ancillary equipment.